couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Anthony Waddell" <>
Subject Solution on a Memory Stick?
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2008 08:53:44 GMT
I was about to start developing an app that is to be used in various
remote rural areas with little/no internet connectivity. The data
generated in these sites needs to be replicated back to a central
database.  I was going to do it in Notes/Domino, running the app on a
memory stick that could then be taken by the remote worker to their
nearest town, zapped into a workstation with internet access, and so
replicated to the central server.  Now I'm wondering if I should do it
in Couchdb instead?

Some questions:
- can it run an instance (programme and data) on a memory stick?
- does this sound feasible in this environment?
- Is Couchdb ready for showtime in an environment like this.  I need
to feel confident that these isolated offices that are a long way from
any help are going to get a robust solution

The app itself is a case management system (which I intend to keep
fairly simple)

Any input or pointers to relevant resources will be appreciated

Thanks, Anthony
(P.S. apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum)

View raw message