couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Dan Connelly <daniel.s.conne...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Need to troubleshoot: open_error,-10
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:45:57 GMT
Hi Noah:

Ah, yes, /strace/.     Deja vu, but with a js twist.   You suggested
strace to me back when I was struggling with CouchDB 0.7.   It solved my
problem then, a completely different problem then.   Regrettably, strace
slipped from short-term memory between 0.7 and 0.8.   My bad.   In any
case, you have solved my new problem with the same old suggestion.
CouchDB 0.8 works for me now.

Analysis/Fix:

It seems that the "couchdb" script effectively ignores the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH setting.     (So, I am still not sure what the "correct"
setting would be.)

I moved my just-built libjs.so into /usr/lib from /usr/local/js/lib
(which dir had been designated on my LD_LIBRARY_PATH) and everything is
good.    /usr/lib is searched by default, it seems.

Which part of my Analysis/Fix would you like me to transcribe to the wiki?

    -- Dan Connelly