couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Carey" <paul.p.ca...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fails to start on OS X after upgrading to 0.8.0
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 17:41:39 GMT
> On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 04:50:12PM +0100, Paul Carey wrote:
>> After reading around I get the impression that this might be related to
>> openssl and the crypto library in erlang.  Indeed, running
>> crytpo.start(). from erl fails with ** exception error: bad function
>> 'crypto.start'
>
> Yup, that's exactly what it is. Try uninstalling Erlang and reinstalling.
>
> If that doesn't work, it may be a MacPorts problem, you could try from source.

Thanks for your advice.

Uninstalling and reinstalling Erlang didn't help, but I did observe
that $macport_home/lib/erlang/lib/crypto-1.5.1.1 is empty apart from a
docs dir and an info file.

Upgrading openssl to openssl 0.9.8h_0 made no difference.

Installing Erlang from source elicited no errors, and the crypto dir
is populated, but crypto.start(). stil gives me the same error **
exception error: bad function 'crypto.start'

The Erlang readme states that the build is tested on OS X 10.5.3, so I
may try using Ubuntu in VMWare in the short term until it's tested on
10.5.4.

Paul