couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Carey" <paul.p.ca...@gmail.com>
Subject Fails to start on OS X after upgrading to 0.8.0
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2008 15:50:12 GMT
Hi all

I initially installed CouchDB 0.7.3 from source without any problems
on OS X 10.5.2.
After upgrading to 10.5.3 I installed erlang @R12B-2_1+universal via
MacPorts to fix the resultant break. I also installed CouchDB via
MacPorts at this point.

All was working fine till this morning when I upgraded to 10.5.4,
uninstalled the port install of CouchDB and built from source
(apache-couchdb-0.8.0-incubating.tar.gz). Now when I start, I get the
following error

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{undef,[{crypto,start,[]},{erl_eval,do_apply,5},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

After reading around I get the impression that this might be related
to openssl and the crypto library in erlang.
Indeed, running crytpo.start(). from erl fails with
** exception error: bad function 'crypto.start'

But this puzzles me as my actions today (as far as I can tell) didn't
involve openssl or erlang.

Any help getting me back up and running would be much appreciated.

Paul