couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Mark James Adams" <>
Subject crash on startup (undef,[{crypto,start, Solaris)
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:07:04 GMT

I'm having a similar problem to the one described at
The difference is that I'm running on OpenSolaris (Joyent

The output is when starting the server is

{"init terminating in

I've gone through the basic troubleshooting cycle.

SunOS 5.11 snv_62 i86pc i386 i86pc
Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.6.2 [source] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
Spidermonkey 1.7

automake 1.9.6
autoconf 2.59
GNU Make 3.80
gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 (csl-sol210-3_4-20050802)

I configured couchdb with ./configure --prefix=/tmp/couchdb
--with-js-lib=/opt/local/spidermonkey/lib and made a few modifications
to the couchdb script (#!/bin/bash instead of !#/bin/sh -e, nawk
instead of awk) to make it play nice on Solaris.

The output from truss is I
don't have any experience with truss, but I see a lot of ERRENT (file
not found) errors.

What else can I do to help troubleshoot this (debug output, &c)?

I was able to get CouchDB 0.7.2 installed and running on OpenSolaris
and 0.7.3 is working great on OS X. I'm having a lot of fun developing
with couch, even when things are a bit rocky. I'm hoping to deploy on

Mark James Adams

View raw message