couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Bonser" <mister...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Filtered multi-column lists
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 15:12:18 GMT
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 7:19 AM, Kore Nordmann <mail@kore-nordmann.de> wrote:
> I also do not see a real solution in complex keys, like array keys with the
> provided view values, like [$type, $status, $priority], because afaik it is
> yet impossible to do queries like [*, (urgent | low), *] or similar.

You could probably get about halfway there using startkey and endkey,
though this would only work for contiguous sets (low and medium,
medium and high, etc..).

It would probably be nice to add the ability to request a specific
list of keys. I wonder if that would be any less efficient than
specifying a single key.

I'm pretty new to CouchDB, but I don't think that there is a solution
yet, other than creating a separate view for each possible
permutation, which works for a few possible values, but would take a
lot of space for indexes for anything too big.

--
Paul Bonser
http://blog.paulbonser.com