couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Brad King" <brk...@gmail.com>
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:45:39 GMT
I have about 350K documents in a database. typically around 5K each. I
created and saved a view which simply looks at one field in the
document. I called the view for the first time with a key that should
only match one document, and its been awaiting a response for about 45
minutes now.

{
   "sku": {
       "map": "function(doc) { emit(doc.entityobject.SKU, doc); }"
   }
}

Is this typical, or is there some optimizing to be done on either my
view or the server? I'm also running on a VM so this may have some
effects, but smaller databases seem to be performing pretty well.
Insert times to set this up were actually really good I thought, at
4000 to 5000 documents per minute running from my laptop.