couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "John Evans" <j...@jpevans.com>
Subject Re: Design Docs test failing on Leopard
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 12:59:41 GMT
Jan,

Thanks for the reply -- I had actually tried to get the trunk working before
sending that message but I was having problems with a shared library
mismatch (libiconv).  In the meantime I've got that problem resolved and was
able to build the trunk successfully, and the problem went away and the test
passed...

However, I now have a new problem -- it seems that the views are getting
corrupted or something... everything will work fine for a little while but
then I will get an error like this:

{
    "error": "function_clause",
    "reason": "[{couch_view,'-init_group/4-fun-2-',\n
[{3079794,{2791,[]}},\n              {view,0,\n
[\"all\"],\n                    \"function(doc)   { if ('Offer' == doc.type)
{ emit(null, doc); } }\",\n                    nil,[]},\n
<0.340.0>,\"javascript\"]},\n {lists,zipwith,3},\n
{couch_view,init_group,4},\n {couch_view,start_update_loop,4}]"
}

If I make any change to the views and recreate them (even just changing
whitespace) then they start working again for a little while.   The views
seem to get corrupted even if the database is not in use.  I can have it
sitting idle, do a query, get the proper results back, wait 5 mintues, do
the same query and it will give me an error like the one above.

Any thoughts on this one?

-
John

P.S. When I said I couldn't find any results on Google, I actually meant
searching Google, not on Google Code :)