couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "John Evans" <j...@jpevans.com>
Subject Design Docs test failing on Leopard
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:01:29 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to run couchdb 0.7.2 on Leopard.  I've tried installing from mac
ports as well as building and installing the 0.7.2 source myself.   Any
views I create show up in the drop down but do not appear to work.  To make
sure I wasn't just creating a bad view,  I created two opposing views -- one
that selected all documents with a type of 'x' and one that selected all
documents with a type NOT of 'x'.  I then populated the database with a
bunch of documents.  Both views returned no documents at all... obviously
this cannot be correct.  After investigating further, I've discovered that
(in both the mac ports and the form-source versions)  the "design_docs" test
under the Test Suites tab in the _utils interface fails.

I cannot find any mention of this problem on Google.  Can anyone point me in
the right direction?

-
John

P.S. Couchdb looks awesome so far, other than this one (pretty major) issue.