couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache CouchDB needs write permission on the log directory: /
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:23:11 GMT
On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 09:42:32PM +0100, Mark James Adams wrote:
> It appears that Couch thinks that the log directory is in /. I noticed
> that the couch.ini file has a LogFile option, which was '/couch.log'.
> I've set it to 'LogFile=/opt/local/var/log/couchdb/couch.log', but I'm
> still getting the same error.

This sounds like you may have caught a short lived bug in trunk.

Could you update to the latest version, install into /tmp using:

  ./configure --prefix=/tmp

Could you then report back to let us know if you still have the same problem.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater - The Apache Software Foundation <http://www.apache.org/>