couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Christopher Lenz <cml...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: 500 server error posting a view
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 20:12:51 GMT
On 10.06.2008, at 20:18, Brad King wrote:
> HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
> Server: inets/develop
> Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:12:52 GMT
> Cache-Control: no-cache
> Pragma: no-cache
> Expires: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:12:52 GMT
> Connection: close

In case this hasn't been clarified yet, you're using an old version of
CouchDB (either 0.7.2 or an old version from SVN) in combination with
documentation that has been updated for the many changes in SVN trunk.

If you've checked out from SVN and your checkout is uptodate, you've
probably used the wrong (old) SVN repos. The new one is here:

   <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/couchdb/trunk>

If you're using the 0.7.2 release, well, you'll probably have to dig
through the Wiki to find old versions of the various documents that
describe the APIs in that version. Or you could try using SVN trunk,
or just wait for the 0.8.0 release, which we're planning to release
Real Soon Now.

Cheers,
--
Christopher Lenz