couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Simon Kapeniak" <szymon.kapen...@gmail.com>
Subject Couch performance
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 14:01:45 GMT
Hello,
I'd like to ask what is expected performance of CouchDB in case of heavy
binary data attachments. Scenario I'd like to evaluate CouchDB for, implies
little different usage then web based application or such, which as I
understand involves dozens of small chunkcs requests rather then constant
access to big files.

I wonder what are possible issues with that: I want to save, lets say, a
1000 of binary files with about 1-20MB each. Many of them will have a number
of versions (ten). There won't be too many simultaneous requests, but rather
constant access of 1 to 20 clients per minute asking about single file, or
some of them (less) also sequence of attachments.

In general, under one project, my database should handle a few TB of data
generated during a period of ~60 days, allowing access to that data (with a
rate of ~500MB per minut) for something like 10-20 people in total?

Are there any issues I don't see now? What are possible problems introduced
by such application? Thanks for any comments!

Cheers,
Simon.