couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Arved Sandstrom <asandstr...@eastlink.ca>
Subject Re: Stuck running server at very early stage
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 04:09:40 GMT
On Wed, 2008-30-04 at 09:41 -0500, Gregory Holt wrote:
> Ah, this is one I kind of know, as I had the same thing. You have to
> have a newer version of Erlang than Etch will provide. With all this
> in rapid development, I switched to using Ubuntu 8.04.
>
> On Apr 30, 2008, at 6:26 AM, Arved Sandstrom wrote:
>
> > I went through an apparently normal build and install [...] on
> > Debian etch.
> >
> >                {error_info,{undef,[{string,to_lower,["Host"]},

Nice thought, so after trying suggestions inspired by Jan and Brad
(commenting out IPv6 hosts in /etc/hosts, monkeying with hostname), I
built R12B-2 from source (a couple of minor little errors in makefiles
along the way), and as near as I can tell I have solved the
problem...all 18 tests in the Test Suite passed.

For sake of reference, the actual build/install complaints on Debian
Etch for Erlang R12B-2 were (IIRC):

(a) during "make": the "ebin" directory in "lib/common_test" may have to
be manually created (something along those lines anyhow), and

(b) during "make install": IIRC the Makefile in "lib/common_test/priv"
has a problem with the actual location of erl_rx_driver.so

I will now start playing in earnest with couch 0.7.3a652071 (well,
whatever the latest version is) on Etch and let people know how that is
coming along.

Arved