couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: Views
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 06:02:12 GMT
Anthony,

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/ViewCollation is the way to accomplish
tasks like that.

Christopher Lenz has a write-up of how to use view collation to sort
views, achieving comments grouped by parent blog post.

 http://www.cmlenz.net/archives/2007/10/couchdb-joins

In your case you could index a view with date and type, like this

[type, date]

and then if you had say 5 types you'd do 5 GET queries against the
database, each one fetching only the documents for that day.

View collation is one of my favorite things about CouchDB. I'm excited
about reduce, because from what I understand, you could use it to
lower this to 1 GET, if that's important to you.

enjoy,
Chris

--
Chris Anderson