couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: multi-document acid transactions
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 15:46:58 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Damien Katz <damienkatz@gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting usage, sorry the change broke that. That might be an enhancement
> we put back in the future, but for now trying to support both would
> complicate the code and slow down development (It's already a complicated
> area of the code).

It is really just a performance enhancement - I can get the same
functionality with multiple PUTs. I'm not actively running a big
CouchDB instance, just planning for something to deploy in a few
months, so it's not a big deal. The fire and forget batch unique
inserts were pretty cool, and not something I've been able to
accomplish on other platforms.

Thanks,
Chris

--