couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: multi-document acid transactions
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 19:01:45 GMT
Damien,

I can see the value of this feature, but there's also a lot of value
in being able to do fire-and-forget multi document inserts. In my
application I'm relying on uniq document id semantics, and was very
happy to see that bulk inserts would create some but not all documents
when the _rev property was absent and some ids were taken. It would
extremely useful if there was a parameter that could choose not to run
the inserts in a transaction.

I'll understand if that is infeasible. If you don't have
time/inclination to make the change, I'd happily pour over the diffs
to try to add the option. Perhaps you can give a pointer to the
check-in?

Thanks for everything!
Chris

--