couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Mills <amills1...@gascard.net>
Subject Re: firewall
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:12:03 GMT
Have you tried checking your router?  Some of them can block ports.
If your comfortable in command line you can try querying the server
directly:

telnet <ip> 5984
GET /

You need to hit return twice, usually.

If you do not get a connection, then your connection is misrouted, or
your port is blocked.  If it works, but your still not able to connect
with a web browser your proxy or socks server is in the way.

Hope it helps,

Anthony

On Apr 28, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Tommy Chheng wrote:

> Ok, previously I checked out from the google code source.
> Still can't access from external and all iptables rules are turned
> off.
>
> I tried both
> BindAddress=127.0.0.1
> BindAddress=0.0.0.0
>

> There's no response from the outside.
> couch 0.7.3a652071 (LogLevel=info)
> Apache CouchDB is starting.
> Apache CouchDB has started. Time to relax.
>
> Only when I access from the same machine do i get info from the
> couchdb output:
> [info] [<0.54.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - "GET /" 200
>

> Any thoughts in where to start to debug?
>
> -
> Tommy
>
> On Apr 28, 2008, at 2:23 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> I might also point out that judging from the version number you
>> checked out of SVN before the move to apache. I'd check out a fresh
>> copy from svn.apache.org and see if that fixes things.
>>
>> Paul
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>> With trunk you don't need the couch_httpd.ini anymore. It
>>> was all merged into couch.ini
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Jan
>>> --