couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Søren Hilmer ...@widetrail.dk>
Subject Re: Clarifications or bugs
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:20:27 GMT
>> 2. startkey_docid does not seam to work, the first document in the
>> view is
>> always returned.
>
> startkey_docid needs to be combined with startkey to work correctly. I
> don't think it's even applied when there's no startkey.

Ahh, this is very unfortunate, say you know the document_id of a changed
document, but not necessary the view-key, then you have no way of getting
what the view will return for that specific document.

This is the situation for the indexer, CouchDB will notify it with which
DB has changed, the indexer knows the previous update-sequence and gets
all documents newer, but it need to index the views specified for
indexing, and thus run the view for the changed documents only, but as it
has not got the view-key in this situation, it is out of luck.

The wiki for HttpViewApi says "For efficient paging use startkey and/or
startkey_docid."

Are you sure this does not classify as a Bug? Is there something I am
missing.

Have fun
  Søren

--
Søren Hilmer, M.Sc., M.Crypt.
wideTrail            Phone: +45 25481225