couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Mills <amills1...@gascard.net>
Date Sat, 26 Apr 2008 04:34:36 GMT
I read most of the documentation, wiki and blogs, but I still do not
see how to accomplish a certain scenario.  Hopefully I can describe it
adiquitely.

Lets say I have 1,000,000 documents [all of the same "type"] with a
date attribute.  Lets say I want to pick a subset of those documents.
How can I pick those documents of one type that fall on one day?  Will
I need to get all 1,000,000 documents?  What if I want all documents
of one type on one day that match another attribute?

I pretty sure this is what map/reduce will help with, but is there a
way to do this now?  Can you use more documents to build date relations?

Also, can you pass more variables than just key to the view function?

Thank you,

Anthony