couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: Working on Lucene
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 20:18:49 GMT
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>  The first time a change notification is sent, that is, when no index
>  has been written,
>  LuceneIndexer fetches all documents from CouchDB and integrates their
>  contents
>  into the search index.

My use case for full-text searching is a little different from the
process described here. I'd like to be able to use CouchDB's map
functions to create views, and run full-text searches against the view
keys. Eg: I'd like to search just across, say, the titles of any
documents which have a title attribute.

Will this be supported? Perhaps I am just missing something - it seems
possible to configure Lucene to run a view-like function on the
document before indexing. But to me it seems that view keys are an
ideal way to set up an index for full-text searching.

Just a couple of cents from my application's perspective.
Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchris.mfdz.com