couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Anderson" <jch...@mfdz.com>
Subject Re: URL as document_id
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 00:01:40 GMT
Guby,

I just tried out inserting and requesting documents with ?-mark chars
in the id, and had success using Ruby's CGI.escape on both the PUT and
the GET

here's how it looked.
PUT /my_test_db/http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%2Ftest%3Fx%3Dfoo%26y%3Dbar

It seems to display fine in the Javascript CouchDB console, as
http://example.com/test?x=foo&y=bar, so I'm pretty certain that the
CGI escaping was handled correctly by CouchDB.

I'm not querying a view here, just fetching a record. I'll try it out
on a view query and see what results.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson