couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Sho Fukamachi <sho.fukama...@gmail.com>
Subject can't install on RHEL4 anymore
Date Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:15:28 GMT
HI all,

Tried to update my old install on RHEL4 with the latest from trunk and
I just can't get it to make. I think it's something to do with
spidermonkey - I couldn't find any RPMs for that later than 1.5 or
something. Maybe that's too old - ./configure runs, but make bombs out
with

couch_js.c:424: error: `JSOPTION_XML' undeclared (first use in this
function)
make[3]: *** [couch_js.o] Error 1

which sounds like SpiderMonkey to me.

I decided to get a newer one, so downloaded the 1.7.0 js tarball from
mozilla and extracted it, then ran configure telling it to look in
that directory for  js-lib. Still doesn't work. I tried compiling
SpiderMonkey, can't make anything work.

Has anyone got any idea what I'm doing wrong here? Surely I'm not the
only person trying to install on RHEL4...

thanks,

Sho