couchdb-user mailing list archives

From Alan Bell <a...@theopenlearningcentre.com>
Subject Re: Relying on revisions for rollbacks
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:26:48 GMT
Could the compaction mechanism be rules based? For example it could run
a javascript function like a view function passing in the document
object and revision id and the function would return true or false
depending on whether it is OK to purge that version. I can imagine some
use cases where revisions would never be archived, others where
revisions might be kept for 6 months, others where the last 5 revisions
are kept regardless of age. More complex options might be possible, such
as retaining every third revision older than 6 months or in a wiki
context purging edits marked as minor.

Alan.

--
Alan Bell
The Open Learning Centre

Web: www.theopenlearningcentre.com
Mob: +44 (0)7736 778908
Tel: +44 (0)8444 849388

The Open Learning Centre is a trading name of Bell Lord Ltd,
a company registered in England and Wales #05868943.
VAT Registration #GB 901 4715 55