couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Matt Goodall" <matt.good...@gmail.com>
Subject Futon dialog speed
Date Sat, 29 Mar 2008 17:30:23 GMT
On 28/03/2008, Matt Goodall <matt.goodall@gmail.com> wrote:

>  p.s. As pretty as the new JS dialogs are, definitely an improvement
>  over the standard browser dialogs, they really do slow things down a
>  lot :(.

OK, so the fancy dialogs are nice and quick on my desktop computer
(nvidia accelerated graphics) but slow on my laptop (non-accelerated).
Pretty too!

It's really the fade in/out stuff that makes it slow. If I remove the
overlay and switch off the dialog animation it's great on the laptop
too :).

I now realise it's not a general problem, but perhaps it would be nice
to add an "animated windows" option, stored in a cookie?

- Matt