couchdb-user mailing list archives

From "Sven Tietje" <tie...@topconcepts.com>
Subject RE: using couchdb as caching system
Date Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:15:01 GMT

>> do you have experience in using couchdb as caching-system? we are
>> thinking about storing generated html-documents in couchdb. your
>> experience?
>
> No experience so far, but why not use the filesystem? :-)

hi jan,

it`s a distributed system and only files like images, pdf are handled
through the filesystem. caching should be done by a single independent
server. another point is that we cache parts of a html-page -> some parts
are generated dynamically. doing a request to the file-system for each part
is not performant :-)

i`d like to get all cached parts with one request. eg: html-page /blub.html
ist called. now, there can be 2 cases:

1. total page has been cached
2. only parts have been cached

i want to get all information with one request. storing it in couchdb would
make it possible to store it all in one document - correct?
{
	full_html: null or html,
	parts: {
	}
}

of course, i can store json in a file in the filesystem, but will i be able
to scale my caching-system?

greets sven