From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: What can last_seq from _changes be?
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 21:41:05 GMT

> On Jun 1, 2015, at 2:02 PM, Paul Harter <paul@glowinthedark.co.uk> wrote:
>
> CouchDB returns this identifier to SyncGateway in the second
> replication in the "since" param of the GET query string, but it does so
> with quotes around the value like this:
>
> since=%2282%3A%3A100%22
>
> but Sync Gateway isn't expecting the quotes and 500s

This looks like a Sync Gateway bug — I just skimmed the code, and when it evaluates the
“since” URL query param, it doesn’t treat it as JSON-encoded.

(Couchbase Lite doesn’t hit this bug because it doesn’t pass “since” in the URL, but
instead as a property in the JSON body of the request, so it’s automatically decoded.)

I dimly remember some issues with CouchDB’s replicator not quoting sequence IDs, so it’s
possible that Sync Gateway is explicitly doing this to be compatible with [some older version
of] CouchDB; but if this was true, it’s apparently not true anymore and we should fix SG.

—Jens