From Timothy Riley <riley.timo...@gmail.com>
Subject change feed without single point of failure
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2015 18:59:25 GMT
We are running couchdb version 1.6.1 in a 3 node environment and are
replicating changes to an indexing engine (e.g. Elastic Search).

How can we use the couchdb change feed to replicate changes to our indexing
engine without relying on a single couchdb node (and having a single point
of failure)? Our concern is we will miss or lose changes if we switch
between couchdb nodes in the event of a node failure (e.g. hardware or
network failure).

Will the clustering capabilities in couchdb 2.0 solve this problem and
produce a consistent change feed for all nodes in a cluster or is this
achievable with version 1.6.1 and beyond?

Sincerely
Tim