From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: rev hash stability
Date Fri, 17 Oct 2014 17:35:23 GMT

> On Oct 17, 2014, at 6:20 AM, Dale Harvey <dale@arandomurl.com> wrote:
>
> I cant think of many reasons for a user to be sending the same writes to
> different servers then not wanting them to conflict

It's not that. It's _multiple_ users making identical changes, and not wanting that to conflict.
There are a bunch of use cases:

* Two people check off the same item in a shopping list, i.e. set "checked":true.
or,
* Some actual conflict is created in a doc, then multiple client apps detect that they can
automatically resolve it and do so, each creating their own identical merged revisions that
then all propagate.

(These are mobile-centric I realize, but I'm sure there are equivalent CouchDB-like scenarios.)

—Jens