From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB replication protocol documentation
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:31:54 GMT
+1

Jan, I know I talked about this with you in private. I wont surface
that convo here without your permission.

One of the things I wanted to do is strongly "brand" the replication
protocol. Max Ogden called his sketch SLEEP. I thought we might want
to do something similar, call this the Couch Replication Protocol
(CRP) or some such. We can then say that CouchDB is the reference
implementation. And other tools (*waves to PouchDB*) can claim
compatibility with the CRP.

On 22 September 2014 15:28, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2014, at 15:25 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> What is the provenance of replication.io? Is that under the project's control?
>
> no, it is Ben Young / Cloudant.
>
> I suggest we retire it and move any of the relevant content to couchdb.org/replication
(if not the home page outright).

> Jan
> --

>>> 1. Finish the docs