From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB replication protocol documentation
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 13:40:12 GMT
CouchDB Replication is something more familiar to each of us than
CouchDB Sync (also, it makes a collision with Couchbase Sync Gateway
brand).
I'm +1 to have it on couchdb.apache.org nor replication.io - both are
fine until they will provide useful information and being actual for
every today (:
--
,,,^..^,,,

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 22 Sep 2014, at 15:31 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> +1
>>
>> Jan, I know I talked about this with you in private. I wont surface
>> that convo here without your permission.
>>
>> One of the things I wanted to do is strongly "brand" the replication
>> protocol. Max Ogden called his sketch SLEEP. I thought we might want
>> to do something similar, call this the Couch Replication Protocol
>> (CRP) or some such. We can then say that CouchDB is the reference
>> implementation. And other tools (*waves to PouchDB*) can claim
>> compatibility with the CRP.
>
> Yup, +1, all that, make Couch Replication or Couch Sync a thing and host
> it prominently on couchdb.apache.org. I know I convinced Benjamin about
> this plan way back when :)

>>> no, it is Ben Young / Cloudant.
>>>
>>> I suggest we retire it and move any of the relevant content to couchdb.org/replication
(if not the home page outright).