From Daniel Hopkins <dshopk...@earthlink.net>
Subject Continuous Replication with Credentials?
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:24:15 GMT
Hi folks,  CouchDb Noob here..
couchdb-1.6.0

I'm trying to setup replication such that it persists across restarts.
My understanding to do this I must add a Document to: _replicator

In addition I have created an admin account: admin:password

if create the document like:

|{
    "|source|":|"http://admin:password@SOURCE_HOST:5984/test"|,
    "|target|":|"http://admin:password@TARGET_HOST:5984/test"|,
    "|create_target|":|true|,
    "|continuous|":|true|,
}|

it works..(which is good :)

my question is:
if I create the replication doc like:

|{
    "|source|":|"test"|,
    "|target|":|"http://admin:password@TARGET_HOST:5984/test"|,
    "|create_target|":|true|,
    "|continuous|":|true|,
}|

it will fail, as it has no credentials to read 'test' even though the
process is running locally.
I noticed as well that when using the http form for the source, that
couchdb shows 'get' requests every x seconds for the replication..is there
a way to specify credentials without using the http form on the source??
(I tried un:pd@sourceDbName..didnt work)

Thanks
Dan