From Traun Leyden <traun.ley...@gmail.com>
Subject Question on replication process
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 13:42:06 GMT
I'm working on a 3rd party replication tool
<https://github.com/couchbaselabs/sg-replicate> in Go (currently Sync
Gateway compatible, but hopefully one day will be CouchDB compatible as
well), and I have a question on the replication process.

>From this replication algorithm description
<https://github.com/couchbaselabs/TouchDB-iOS/wiki/Replication-Algorithm>
and ladder diagram <http://cl.ly/image/1v013o210345>, if the
_rev_diffs response is empty, should it then skip steps 5 and 6 since there
is nothing to transfer and go straight to step 7?  (using the last_seq
value that was returned from source db _changes feed in step 3)

Or should it skip step 7 too and do another _changes request?

I'm guessing it's the former, since it seems like it should be safe to
forward the checkpoint if the _rev_diffs response is empty.  I haven't had
a chance to study the CouchDB replicator behavior yet, and thought someone
here might know off the top of their head.