From Dale Harvey <d...@arandomurl.com>
Subject Checkpointing on read only databases
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2014 15:20:37 GMT
So with checkpointing we write the checkpoint to both A and B and verify
they match before using the checkpoint

What happens if the src of the replication is read only?

As far as I can tell couch will just checkout a checkpoint_commit_error and
carry on from the start, The only improvement I can think of is the user
specifies they know the src is read only and to only use the target
checkpoint, we can 'possibly' make that happen automatically if the src
specifically fails the write due to permissions.