From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is _missing_revs and how is it different from _revs_diff?
Date Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:52:06 GMT
It's not new, but iirc during my replication protocol investigations,
it doesn't uses since 1.2.x release when replication was rewritten at
the first time.
Did your client provided CouchDB version?
--

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> {Accidentally sent this to the ‘user’ list first, when it should have gone here.
Apologies for people who get it twice}

> I just discovered a “/db/_missing_revs” endpoint in the API spec[1]. It looks as
though it’s mostly identical to _revs_diff. Is this new? And what’s the advantage over
_revs_diff? The response contains less information.

> (Actually, I discovered _missing_revs via a bug report from a user who found CouchDB’s
replicator sending it to the Couchbase Sync Gateway, which doesn’t have any handler for
it. Oops.)