couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fixing some blog posts
Date Thu, 06 Oct 2016 19:24:32 GMT
following up with a question. How sould the request look like here?

<snip>
 Manual view compaction

 Similar to databases, views are also shard based, and view compaction operations and should
be run on the backend port 5986.

 For a view stored in design doc: “_design/app” on the shard 80000000-9fffffff of the
database “test”, the request would be:

 ?????????? => curl -H "Content-Type: application/json" -X POST <= ??????????

 Currently, the view compaction feature is not fully implemented, and will only compact views
for shards that contain a design doc. For example, an attempt to compact the view of the

 shard 00000000-1fffffff that doesn’t contain a design doc “_design/app”, will cause
the following error:
</snip>

Cheers

Andy
--
Andy Wenk
RockIt!

Hamburg / Germany

GPG public key: https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4F1D0C59BC90917D

> On 6 Oct 2016, at 21:21, Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hey there,
>
> I have finally found a free time slot to read all the wonderful blog posts. Thanks a
lot to all the authors.

> While reading, I found some problems and fixed them. At the post https://blog.couchdb.org/2016/08/10/
I fixed the code section in "Manual database compaction”. Wordpress created a senseless
link out of https://localhost … .

> I will continue fixing posts if I find something else ;-). Btw, each post SHOULD HAVE
(RFC style) a nice URL. This one does not have a good one and I try to fix it.