couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 08:10:09 GMT
Sally: still on hold, sorry about that. I think we can make the call tonight (EU time) whether
we are in shape to start a vote (and a subsequent “next Tuesday” release announcement,
or if we bump the whole thing by another week.

I’m purposefully not working on the PR before all the other bits are done, just to keep
me honest to actually not forget anything ;)

Thank you for you patience, and let me know if we can help in curb the IBM/Cloudant PR excitement
;)

Best
Jan
--

> On 07 Sep 2016, at 22:41, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
>
> [ASF only]
> Jan? Rest of PMC? Where are we at with this?
> The draft I started at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-bjRGoRC4i5PFIemJfsueXIuBTAEr5D_UH2DhhgajEM/edit?usp=sharing
remains untouched.
> The IBM PR team are also getting a bit itchy for details, as they're planning a podcast
and video blog to go out in tandem with our press release. I have no details to share with
them.

James W Young <jwyoung@us.ibm.com>; Joanna L Varvoutis <jlvarvou@us.ibm.com>;
Lawrence J Weber <lawrence.weber@us.ibm.com>; "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>
> Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:27 PM
> Subject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
>
> Thanks so much, Jan.
> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]
Tues/13th.
> I’ll keep you posted with the progress and a PR draft over the next days.
> BestJan--
>
> On 31 Aug 2016, at 23:30, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
> Thanks, Joseph and Doug.
> I toggle between Manhattan and Boston, and am happy to meet you both when our schedules
ease up a bit :-)
> I'll share the draft press release once I have content from the PMC. Right now, my copy
that I've shared with them isn't where they're editing at present, so I, too, am on standby.

Lawrence J Weber <lawrence.weber@us.ibm.com>; marketing@couchdb.apache.org; press@apache.org
> Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:48 PM
> Subject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
>
> Hi Sally, I am also available at 11am ET on Friday. Side note - I am located in Boston,
if you wanted to meet in person. Thanks!DougDoug FloraPortfolio Marketing - Cloud Data ServicesIBM
AnalyticsE-mail: dsflora@us.ibm.comOffice: +1 617 528 1249Mobile: +1 901 289 7954
Lawrence J Weber/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, "marketing@couchdb.apache.org" <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>,
"press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>
> Subject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
> Date: Wed, Aug 31, 2016 4:36 PM
>
> Hi Sally - I'm in IBM Communications team, focusing on the analytics business (including
our Analytics Platform Services team). Once you have a draft of the announcement, I'd love
to see it and see how we can help support it (with a quote, a tweet, blog post, something).

> I'm based in NY (so ET like you) and can talk between 11-12.
>
> Thanks!
>
> | JOSEPH C. GALLO
>
> External Communications Manager
> IBM Analytics |
>

> |  |
> | Phone: 917-421-8834 | Mobile: 646-588-9642
> E-mail: jgallo@us.ibm.com
> Find me on:    |
>
> 51 Astor Pl
> New York, NY 10003
> United States |
>

> Sally Khudairi ---08/31/2016 04:04:41 PM---Thanks so much, Doug. I'm actually waiting
for the preliminary draft from the PMC, so I don't have a

Lawrence J Weber/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, James W Young/Boston/IBM@IBMUS, Joanna L Varvoutis/Boston/IBM@IBMUS,
Joseph Gallo/New York/IBM@IBMUS
> Date: 08/31/2016 04:04 PM
> Subject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
>

> Thanks so much, Doug.
>
> I'm actually waiting for the preliminary draft from the PMC, so I don't have anything
to share just yet.

> Having said that, we are soliciting quotes from the community, and definitely welcome
one from IBM! Please refer to https://s.apache.org/z9pk as a resource on how our testimonials
should look like.

> Should you wish to issue a standalone "Hurrah, Apache CouchDB!" press release/blog/tweet/*,
that would be fantastic as well.

> Let's discuss to coordinate tactics and further details. I'm in Boston over the next
week and can call/Skype this Friday between 11AM-12.30PM and 2.30-4PM.

> Warmly,
> Sally
>
> = = = = =
> vox +1 617 921 8656
> gvox +1 646 598 4616
> skype sallykhudairi
>
>  From: Douglas S Flora <dsflora@us.ibm.com>
> To: sk@apache.org

out in regards to the forthcoming Apache CouchDB 2.0 press release after Labor Day. I was
hoping to find out more about what the ASF is planning PR-wise. We'd be happy to make some
of the prominent IBM committers available for comment to the press, where relevant. If you've
already reached out to some of them about this, apologies in advance - I just wanted to see
if we could get a better of idea of what is currently in plan so that we can align our own
efforts and editorial calendar accordingly.

> Additionally, we are planning to wrap the CouchDB 2.0 news into an announcement blog
post, and include in proactive media outreach, around upcoming Cloudant product / service
updates - likely in late September or October.

> Could we set up some time to discuss this with Joe Gallo (also copied here) from IBM
external comms? Look forward to hearing back.