couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <m...@jan.io>
Subject Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2016 16:16:15 GMT
Heya Sally,

anything you need from us at this point? Is the draft in good enough shape?

Best
Jan
--

> On 14 Sep 2016, at 13:41, Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Jan.
>
> WRT obtaining names of organizations/users (whether to list on the press release or to
solicit testimonials), we've had some projects ask on their respective dev/user lists.

> HTH,
> Sally
>
> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

day period, where we can work on the PR) and we are busy with the actual release until then
:)

so I'll be standing by for your next steps.

I’ve just sent the “getting real” email to dev@, I’ll keep you posted.

I've seen in it the majority of the press releases at ASF.
move on. Others need the draft to determine a) if they can participate, and b) what to say.
other participants. And, in some instances I've pushed folks to get in the game because their
competitors are in our press release and they're not.
Tuesday." Yes?

some time to prepare/respond/provide a testimonial.
be able to give us a quote considering how their long it takes for legal clearance on their
end.

in quotes, why don’t they do so now?

time, that’s nothing we can help with.

for me (although my request in every Board report is 2 weeks), but since we have the IBM-ers
also wanting to announce in tandem, this makes things a bit more challenging.

in our favor, and that way I can let the IBM PR folks that we'll have the draft for Monday.

we be able to get all the ducks in a row vote-wise to announce this upcoming Tuesday (13 September),
would we be ready with things like supporting testimonials?I ask because it usually takes
a while for folks to get those in to us. And, many of them need to see a draft of _something_
(some don't care/mind either way, which is good too).

those before we can make the call. Anyone else on marketing@c.a.o that could jump in here?

copy in place before the weekend would be helpful for those not working after close of business
Friday (not us!)

vote on a Thursday, work on the PR over the weekend, send to you early Monday, release Tuesday”,
but if you say pre-weekend is better, we should get something going soon. Anyone? :)

spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]----- Reply message -----From: "Jan Lehnardt" <jan@apache.org>To:
<marketing@couchdb.apache.org>, "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>Cc: "Sally Khudairi"
<sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>, "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>Subject: Upcoming
CouchDB 2.0 PRDate: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 04:10Sally: still on hold, sorry about that. I think
we can make the call tonight (EU time) whether we are in shape to start a vote (and a subsequent
“next Tuesday” release announcement, or if we bump the whole thing by another week.I’m
purposefully not working on the PR before all the other bits are done, just to keep me honest
to actually not forget anything ;)Thank you for you patience, and let me know if we can help
in curb the IBM/Cloudant PR excitement ;)BestJan--On 07 Sep 2016, at 22:41, Sally Khudairi
<sk@apache.org> wrote:[ASF only]Jan? Rest of PMC? Where are we at with this? The draft
I started at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-bjRGoRC4i5PFIemJfsueXIuBTAEr5D_UH2DhhgajEM/edit?usp=sharing
remains untouched.The IBM PR team are also getting a bit itchy for details, as they're planning
a podcast and video blog to go out in tandem with our press release. I have no details to
share with them.Thanking you in advance for your help with this.Warmly,Sally = = = = =  vox
+1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi      From: Sally Khudairi <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>
To: Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>; marketing@couchdb.apache.org; Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
Cc: Douglas S Flora <dsflora@us.ibm.com>; Joseph Gallo <jgallo@us.ibm.com>; James
W Young <jwyoung@us.ibm.com>; Joanna L Varvoutis <jlvarvou@us.ibm.com>; Lawrence
J Weber <lawrence.weber@us.ibm.com>; "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org> Sent:
Thursday, September 1, 2016 1:27 PM Subject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PRThanks so much, Jan.[From
the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]----- Reply message
-----From: "Jan Lehnardt" <jan@apache.org>To: <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>,
"Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>Cc: "Douglas S Flora" <dsflora@us.ibm.com>, "Joseph
Gallo" <jgallo@us.ibm.com>, "James W Young" <jwyoung@us.ibm.com>, "Joanna L Varvoutis"
<jlvarvou@us.ibm.com>, "Lawrence J Weber" <lawrence.weber@us.ibm.com>, "press@apache.org"
<press@apache.org>Subject: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PRDate: Thu, Sep 1, 2016 13:19Hey all,we’re
not likely ready to ship on Tue/6th, let’s bump the Press Release date to the Tues/13th.I’ll
keep you posted with the progress and a PR draft over the next days.BestJan-- On 31 Aug 2016,
at 23:30, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:Thanks, Joseph and Doug.I toggle between
Manhattan and Boston, and am happy to meet you both when our schedules ease up a bit :-)I'll
share the draft press release once I have content from the PMC. Right now, my copy that I've
shared with them isn't where they're editing at present, so I, too, am on standby.With respect
to a call on Friday, 11AM-12Noon is great. Do let me know if you'd prefer to set it up.Warmest
regards,Sally = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairiFrom: Douglas
S Flora <dsflora@us.ibm.com>To: Joseph Gallo <jgallo@us.ibm.com>; sk@apache.org
Cc: James W Young <jwyoung@us.ibm.com>; Joanna L Varvoutis <jlvarvou@us.ibm.com>;
Lawrence J Weber <lawrence.weber@us.ibm.com>; marketing@couchdb.apache.org; press@apache.orgSent:
Wednesday, August 31, 2016 4:48 PMSubject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PRHi Sally, I am also
available at 11am ET on Friday. Side note - I am located in Boston, if you wanted to meet
in person. Thanks!DougDoug FloraPortfolio Marketing - Cloud Data ServicesIBM AnalyticsE-mail:
dsflora@us.ibm.comOffice: +1 617 528 1249Mobile: +1 901 289 7954  ----- Original message -----From:
Joseph Gallo/New York/IBMTo: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>Cc: Douglas S Flora/Boston/IBM@IBMUS,
James W Young/Boston/IBM@IBMUS, Joanna L Varvoutis/Boston/IBM@IBMUS, Lawrence J Weber/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS,
"marketing@couchdb.apache.org" <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>, "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>Subject:
Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PRDate: Wed, Aug 31, 2016 4:36 PM Hi Sally - I'm in IBM Communications
team, focusing on the analytics business (including our Analytics Platform Services team).
Once you have a draft of the announcement, I'd love to see it and see how we can help support
it (with a quote, a tweet, blog post, something).I'm based in NY (so ET like you) and can
talk between 11-12. Thanks! | JOSEPH C. GALLOExternal Communications ManagerIBM Analytics
||  || Phone: 917-421-8834 | Mobile: 646-588-9642E-mail: jgallo@us.ibm.comFind me on:    |
51 Astor PlNew York, NY 10003United States |Sally Khudairi ---08/31/2016 04:04:41 PM---Thanks
so much, Doug. I'm actually waiting for the preliminary draft from the PMC, so I don't have
aFrom: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>To: Douglas S Flora/Boston/IBM@IBMUSCc: "press@apache.org"
<press@apache.org>, "marketing@couchdb.apache.org" <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>,
Lawrence J Weber/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, James W Young/Boston/IBM@IBMUS, Joanna L Varvoutis/Boston/IBM@IBMUS,
Joseph Gallo/New York/IBM@IBMUSDate: 08/31/2016 04:04 PMSubject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0
PRThanks so much, Doug.I'm actually waiting for the preliminary draft from the PMC, so I don't
have anything to share just yet.Having said that, we are soliciting quotes from the community,
and definitely welcome one from IBM! Please refer to https://s.apache.org/z9pk as a resource
on how our testimonials should look like.Should you wish to issue a standalone "Hurrah, Apache
CouchDB!" press release/blog/tweet/*, that would be fantastic as well. Let's discuss to coordinate
tactics and further details. I'm in Boston over the next week and can call/Skype this Friday
between 11AM-12.30PM and 2.30-4PM.Warmly,Sally = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598
4616skype sallykhudairi From: Douglas S Flora <dsflora@us.ibm.com>To: sk@apache.org
Cc: press@apache.org; marketing@couchdb.apache.org; Lawrence J Weber <lawrence.weber@us.ibm.com>;
James W Young <jwyoung@us.ibm.com>; Joanna L Varvoutis <jlvarvou@us.ibm.com>;
Joseph Gallo <jgallo@us.ibm.com>Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2016 3:58 PMSubject: Upcoming
CouchDB 2.0 PRHi Sally, I'm with the IBM Cloudant marketing team (other members copied here).
I wanted to reach out in regards to the forthcoming Apache CouchDB 2.0 press release after
Labor Day. I was hoping to find out more about what the ASF is planning PR-wise. We'd be happy
to make some of the prominent IBM committers available for comment to the press, where relevant.
If you've already reached out to some of them about this, apologies in advance - I just wanted
to see if we could get a better of idea of what is currently in plan so that we can align
our own efforts and editorial calendar accordingly. Additionally, we are planning to wrap
the CouchDB 2.0 news into an announcement blog post, and include in proactive media outreach,
around upcoming Cloudant product / service updates - likely in late September or October.
Could we set up some time to discuss this with Joe Gallo (also copied here) from IBM external
comms? Look forward to hearing back.  Best,Doug Doug FloraPortfolio Marketing - Cloud Data
ServicesIBM AnalyticsE-mail: dsflora@us.ibm.comOffice: +1 617 528 1249Mobile: +1 901 289 7954--
Professional Support for Apache CouchDB:https://neighbourhood.ie/couchdb-support/-- Professional