couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 17:06:46 GMT
Hey Jan --in this instance, they want to see the draft press release for context.
As I've mentioned earlier, some companies are very strict about this. I've seen in it the
majority of the press releases at ASF.
Those companies who don't mind just give us their experience and move on. Others need the
draft to determine a) if they can participate, and b) what to say.
We've also had folks pull out of providing a quote because of the other participants. And,
in some instances I've pushed folks to get in the game because their competitors are in our
press release and they're not.
So as I understand it, our position is "no draft until Monday. Announcing Tuesday." Yes?

Thanks,
Sally

      From: Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org>
 To: Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org>
Cc: "marketing@couchdb.apache.org" <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>
 Sent: Thursday, September 8, 2016 1:02 PM
 Subject: Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR

On 08 Sep 2016, at 18:15, Sally Khudairi <sk@apache.org> wrote:
Thanks, Jan.
It's nothing beyond giving them (and any other corporates/users) some time to prepare/respond/provide
a testimonial.
In the case of our friends at IBM, there's a chance that they won't be able to give us a quote
considering how their long it takes for legal clearance on their end.

I’m not sure what we need to do here, though. If they need to get in quotes, why don’t
they do so now?
BestJan--

Don't worry about curbing. You may be aware of my PhD in "Bad Cop-itis" :-)
I'll take care of it.
To confirm, we're still aiming for Tuesday, yes?
Cheers,
Sally = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi