couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhuda...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
Date Thu, 08 Sep 2016 08:19:03 GMT
Thanks so much, Jan.

To confirm I've understood this correctly, should we be able to get all the ducks in a row
vote-wise to announce this upcoming Tuesday (13 September), would we be ready with things
like supporting testimonials?

I ask because it usually takes a while for folks to get those in to us. And, many of them
need to see a draft of _something_ (some don't care/mind either way, which is good too).

Also, I will need  to lock in the copy ~12 hours before announcing on the newswire service.

...so Wednesday might possibly be a better option.
...and getting copy in place before the weekend would be helpful for those not working after
close of business Friday (not us!)

Cheers and chat soon,
Sally

[From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and brevity]

----- Reply message -----
From: "Jan Lehnardt" <jan@apache.org>
To: <marketing@couchdb.apache.org>, "Sally Khudairi" <sk@apache.org>
Cc: "Sally Khudairi" <sallykhudairi@yahoo.com>, "press@apache.org" <press@apache.org>
Subject: Upcoming CouchDB 2.0 PR
Date: Thu, Sep 8, 2016 04:10

Sally: still on hold, sorry about that. I think we can make the call tonight (EU time) whether
we are in shape to start a vote (and a subsequent “next Tuesday” release announcement,
or if we bump the whole thing by another week.
I’m purposefully not working on the PR before all the other bits are done, just to keep
me honest to actually not forget anything ;)

Thank you for you patience, and let me know if we can help in curb the IBM/Cloudant PR excitement
;)

Best
Jan