couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Sally Khudairi ...@apache.org>
Subject Preparing ASF press release to announce Apache CouchDB 2.0
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 16:24:57 GMT
Hello Apache CouchDB marketing team and PMC --I hope you are well.

I was in touch with Jan Lehnardt about the upcoming v2.0 release and he asked that I connect
with you regarding getting the ball rolling on this.
To that end, our next steps are for you to:

0) identify a primary point-of-contact;
1) help me draft the announcement (mostly filling in the "what is CouchDB"/features+functionality
bits --I'll do the headline/subhead/opening paragraph) --I've started a draft at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-bjRGoRC4i5PFIemJfsueXIuBTAEr5D_UH2DhhgajEM/edit?usp=sharing :
feel free to drop in content in the placeholders;
2) decide whether you'd like to include supporting testimonials from the community* (and solicit
them); and
3) work together that our formal press/public and internal/developer/list timing is in synch
(it's best to have everything roll out within a 24-48 hour timeframe, rather than announce
the project's news on your dev list or announce@apache.org, followed by a press release several
weeks later)
We also need to lock in the announcement date --Jan said that the drop date is likely to be
Thursday 1 September. We usually issue press releases on Tuesdays, as that garners the best
global media exposure/coverage, followed by Mondays, then Wednesdays. Seeing that Monday 5
September is Labor Day holiday in the US, I suggest that we consider announcing on Tuesday
6 September. Should this be the plan, I'll need the final content locked in by 6PM ET the
night before.
Thanks for your help. Feel fee to ping me if you need anything. I look forward to working
with you!

Warmly, Sally
* Organizations supporting/using CouchDB are welcome to issue their own, standalone "hurrah,
Apache CouchEB!" blog posts/tweets/press release at that time as well (we love it when multiple
announcements come out to support a project's activity!). We just need to make sure that we
coordinate messaging/timing/etc.
 = = = = =  vox +1 617 921 8656gvox +1 646 598 4616skype sallykhudairi