couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jenn Turner <j...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject This week's draft of the CouchDB news
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:20:47 GMT
Hi all!

Here’s the draft I’m working with so far for this week’s news.

CouchDB Weekly News Mar Week 4

Standing items:
+ The 2016 Annual Apache CouchDB User Survey
+ The CouchDB 2.0 Release Testing Plan

#Releases
pouchdb/add-cors-to-couchdb: CouchDB doesn't come with CORS enabled by default. This is a
problem for libraries like PouchDB, which depend on being able to access CouchDB no matter
what URL it's being served from. This script fixes that. https://github.com/pouchdb/add-cors-to-couchdb

#Major Discussions

#Releases in the CouchDB universe

couchbeam 1.3.0 (Erlang) – Apache CouchDB client in Erlang https://github.com/benoitc/couchbeam/releases/tag/1.3.0

couchdb-jwt 3.2.0 (Node) – A Node.js server for managing CouchDB authentication through
JSON Web Tokens. https://www.npmjs.com/package/couchdb-jwt

logstash-input-couchdb_changes 2.0.2 (Ruby Gem) – This gem is a logstash plugin required
to be installed on top of the Logstash core pipeline using $LS_HOME/bin/plugin install gemname.
https://rubygems.org/gems/logstash-input-couchdb_changes

sneakerjs 0.2.3 (Node) – Entity relationship automation for AngularJS and CouchDB/PouchDB
https://www.npmjs.com/package/sneakerjs

spicy-action 5.5.0 (Node) – HTTP(S) proxy &amp; Socket.IO relay for CouchDB and others
https://www.npmjs.com/package/spicy-action

#PouchDB
ember-pouch 3.2.0 (Node) – PouchDB adapter for Ember Data https://www.npmjs.com/package/ember-pouch

pouchdb-access 2.0.1 (Node) – A PouchDB plugin that provides simple access control for CouchDB
databases. https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchdb-access

pouchdb-redux-helper 0.11.0 (Node) – Helpers for working with PouchDB in React with Redux
store. https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchdb-redux-helper

pouchdb-server 1.1.1 (Node) – A standalone REST interface server for PouchDB. https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchdb-server

#Opinions and other news in the CouchDB universe
Stefan Kruger just wrote about a new Cloudant sandbox
cluster that's running the alpha release of CouchDB 2.0: https://developer.ibm.com/clouddataservices/2016/03/18/cloudant-couchdb2dot0-sandbox/

#… and in the PouchDB Universe
Finally started playing around with (the #awesome) @pouchdb today - effortlessly simple with
a totally boss community https://twitter.com/iamooj/status/712024170675228672

Screencast: #Ionic and SQLite with @pouchdb https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQEzdssoCQ&utm_content=buffer31914&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer&noredirect=1

#CouchDB use cases, questions and answers

Stack Overflow:

How can CouchDB know the revision history of a document? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36088320/how-can-couchdb-know-the-revision-history-of-a-document

#No public answer:

#PouchDB use cases, questions and answers

Nice offline-first demo app, using PouchDB and Service Worker: https://twitter.com/nolanlawson/status/710863731622805504

offline-first-seed – Minimalistic JavaScript offline first application seed using PouchDB
and ServiceWorker https://github.com/wonderwhy-er/offline-first-seed

Stack Overflow:
How to access manually created index in pouchdb find  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36110887/how-to-access-manually-created-index-in-pouchdb-find

#No public answer:
I am moving an application which uses pouchDB and couchDB to AngularJS / Ionic, What is the
best way to integrate pouchDB plugin? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36051099/i-am-moving-an-application-which-uses-pouchdb-and-couchdb-to-angularjs-ionic

#Get involved!
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request
and join the project!
Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new website
mailing list and join the website team! – www@couchdb.apache.org
The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s Advocate
Hub!
CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required!
– Get in touch with us.
Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you in
our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs in
on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list on
l10n@couchdb.apache.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!

#Events
Offline First – New England Software Engineers March 31 http://www.meetup.com/new-england-engineers/events/229149674/

Offline First Applications - with usecases – Hyderabad Scalability Meetup April 6 – http://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-scalability/events/229685165/

#Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
Principal Software Engineer
Code Mangler/ Balloon Artist/ Monkey Trainer
Rails Developer
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Engineer - PHP
Lead Scala/Java Backend Developer
Software Design Engineer III
DevOps Engineer
Senior Data Engineer
Product Engineer

#Time to relax!

#...and also in the news

Time Travel Subway Car http://improveverywhere.com/2016/03/16/time-travel-subway-car/

Stack Overflow’s developer survey analysis hurts women https://medium.com/@glitterwitch/stack-overflow-s-developer-survey-analysis-hurts-women-ec4d568e2352#.1dn5r39n3
and their response https://medium.com/@jayhanlon/first-off-i-want-to-thank-you-for-taking-the-time-to-share-this-and-particularly-for-being-8c8138929210#.8esswojst

—
Jenn Turner
The Neighbourhoodie Software GmbH
Adalbertstr. 7-8, 10999 Berlin
neighbourhood.ie

Handelsregister HRB 157851 B Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführung: Jan Lehnardt