couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Tim Millwood <...@millwoodonline.co.uk>
Subject Drupal + CouchDB
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 12:31:01 GMT
After debugging some issues on IRC with Jan he invited me to propose an
article for the CouchDB blog about the work I'm doing for Drupal and
CouchDB.

For those that haven't seen, the TL;DR is: We are exposing CouchDB
compatible endpoints from Drupal (the PHP based CMS, you knew that,
right?), so that we can replicate content between Drupal sites using the
replication.io protocol.

It'd be awesome to write a blog post giving a wide arching overview of what
we are doing. We've had to:
- Alter all content in Drupal to be revisionable and enforce that
- Implement revision hashes
- Prevent revisions from being deleted (and add _deleted flag)
- Store parent revisions and generate a revision tree
- Normalize and denormalize all content to and from json
- Setup all endpoints
- Implement a replicator in php so we can do full Drupal to Drupal
replication without CouchDB

One link I shared with Jan was
https://travis-ci.org/relaxedws/drupal-relaxed/jobs/116109952 which shows a
test we run adding documents to couchdb, then using out PHP replicator to
replicate these documents from couchdb, to drupal, then to another drupal
site, then back to couchdb again. We can a number of additional documents
through the process, but these are Drupal uses which we are treating as
documents and also replicating.