couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: This week's draft of the CouchDB news
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2016 15:52:20 GMT

> On 22 Mar 2016, at 16:20, Jenn Turner <jenn@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> Here’s the draft I’m working with so far for this week’s news.
>

> CouchDB Weekly News Mar Week 4
>
> Standing items:
> + The 2016 Annual Apache CouchDB User Survey

We’ve started analysis (it’s looking great!), so maybe we don’t need to point to this
any more ;)

Will share results asap!

> + The CouchDB 2.0 Release Testing Plan
>
> #Releases
> pouchdb/add-cors-to-couchdb: CouchDB doesn't come with CORS enabled by default. This
is a problem for libraries like PouchDB, which depend on being able to access CouchDB no matter
what URL it's being served from. This script fixes that. https://github.com/pouchdb/add-cors-to-couchdb

JSON Web Tokens. https://www.npmjs.com/package/couchdb-jwt

> logstash-input-couchdb_changes 2.0.2 (Ruby Gem) – This gem is a logstash plugin required
to be installed on top of the Logstash core pipeline using $LS_HOME/bin/plugin install gemname.
https://rubygems.org/gems/logstash-input-couchdb_changes

https://www.npmjs.com/package/sneakerjs

others https://www.npmjs.com/package/spicy-action

for CouchDB databases. https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchdb-access

Redux store. https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchdb-redux-helper

> pouchdb-server 1.1.1 (Node) – A standalone REST interface server for PouchDB. https://www.npmjs.com/package/pouchdb-server
>
> #Opinions and other news in the CouchDB universe
> Stefan Kruger just wrote about a new Cloudant sandbox
> cluster that's running the alpha release of CouchDB 2.0: https://developer.ibm.com/clouddataservices/2016/03/18/cloudant-couchdb2dot0-sandbox/

^ maybe pull this up to the 2.0 testing on top, “this is probably one of the best ways to
get couchdb 2.0 tested”  — @GarrenSmith (on IRC) ;)

Best
Jan
--

with a totally boss community https://twitter.com/iamooj/status/712024170675228672

and ServiceWorker https://github.com/wonderwhy-er/offline-first-seed

is the best way to integrate pouchDB plugin? http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36051099/i-am-moving-an-application-which-uses-pouchdb-and-couchdb-to-angularjs-ionic

new website mailing list and join the website team! – www@couchdb.apache.org
> The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in CouchDB’s
Advocate Hub!
> CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
> Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills
required! – Get in touch with us.
> Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have
you in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB
docs in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing
list on l10n@couchdb.apache.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).

http://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-scalability/events/229685165/

and their response https://medium.com/@jayhanlon/first-off-i-want-to-thank-you-for-taking-the-time-to-share-this-and-particularly-for-being-8c8138929210#.8esswojst