couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jenn Turner <j...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Draft of February Week 1 CouchDB news
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2016 14:31:24 GMT
Hi all!

Here’s what I have so far for this week’s newsletter. Please let me know what you think
😎

Major Discussions
Documentation for CI (https://pony-poc.apache.org/thread.html/Zko97xh6syk4jps)
Re: Applied for official Docker image (https://pony-poc.apache.org/thread.html/Zc5q2zhcjdhn1hz)
Rails Girls Summer of Code https://pony-poc.apache.org/thread.html/Zhybd6wsuvzvexo

Releases in the CouchDB universe
ansible-couchdb2 https://github.com/kafecho/ansible-couchdb2
couchdb-user-account

PouchDB
https://github.com/pouchdb/pouchdb/releases/tag/5.2.1

Opinions and other news in the CouchDB universe

How to stress test CouchDB with Gatling http://kafecho.blogspot.co.za/2016/01/how-to-stress-test-couchdb-with-gatling.html (and
code https://github.com/kafecho/gatling-couchdb-simulations)
Understanding CouchDB 2.0 and Cloudant's indexing behaviour in a cluster
Develop locally with Liberty and Cloudant https://developer.ibm.com/bluemix/2016/01/18/develop-locally-with-liberty-and-cloudant/
CouchDB installed in Ubuntu 15.10 http://behiquedigital.blogspot.com/2016/01/instalando-couchdb-en-ubuntu-1510.html?spref=tw

… and in the PouchDB Universe

Create an AngularJS Web Application That Sync's With Couchbase Using PouchDB https://dzone.com/articles/create-an-angularjs-web-application-that-syncs-wit
Create Offline application in SAPUI5 (using pouch db)

CouchDB use cases, questions and answers
Stack Overflow:
CouchDB get all databases and their last changes

No public answer:
CouchDB - Need a better viewer than the built in one - Futon
CouchDB - Get custom fields within _users for replication filtering

PouchDB use cases, questions and answers
Stack Overflow:

No public answer:
Ionic PouchDb SQLte plugin issue
Use PouchDB as embedded database within phonegap app
Using design documents in pouchDB with crypto-pouch
Using pouchDB with crypto-pouch in ionic

Get involved!
If you want to get into working on CouchDB:
We have an infinite number of open contributor positions on CouchDB. Submit a pull request and
join the project!
Do you want to help us with the work on the new CouchDB website? Get in touch on our new
website mailing list and join the website team! – www@couchdb.apache.org
The CouchDB advocate marketing programme is just getting started. Join us in https://couchdb.influitive.com/!
CouchDB has a new wiki. Help us move content from the old to the new one!
Can you help with Web Design, Development or UX for our Admin Console? No Erlang skills required!
– Get in touch with us.
Do you want to help moving the CouchDB docs translation forward? We’d love to have you
in our L10n team! See our current status and languages we’d like to provide CouchDB docs
in on this page. If you’d like to help, don’t hesitate to contact the L10n mailing list
on l10n@couchdb.apache.org or ping Andy Wenk (awenkhh on IRC).
We’d be happy to welcome you on board!

Events
http://www.eventbrite.com/e/cloud-db-day-chicago-registration-19809106571?aff=erelexporg
February 09, Saint Louis (MO), US: Mobile & Web sync with CouchDB, Couchbase Lite, and
PouchDB
http://lanyrd.com/2016/confoo/sdxwzk/

Job opportunities for people with CouchDB skills
Product Engineer
Senior Server-Side Developer
Senior Software Developer
Developer
DevOps Engineer
Scala/Java Backend Developer (m/f) (Munich, Germany)

Time to relax!

...and also in the news
Want Your Children to Survive The Future? Send Them to Art School https://medium.com/@dustintimbrook/want-your-children-to-survive-the-future-send-them-to-art-school-c88600146606#.h80v8ykq4

—
Jenn Turner
The Neighbourhoodie Software GmbH
Adalbertstr. 7-8, 10999 Berlin
neighbourhood.ie

Handelsregister HRB 157851 B Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Geschäftsführung: Jan Lehnardt