couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Robert Kowalski <...@kowalski.gd>
Subject Re: CouchDB on DigitalOcean
Date Sat, 19 Dec 2015 22:39:51 GMT
Awesome idea Clemens!

Check your twitterwebs :)

On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Clemens Stolle
<clemens.stolle@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
> yesterday, Jan said something like „sweet, 0 to CouchDB cluster in 120 seconds“ on
IRC. That got me thinking.
> Currently there is no pure CouchDB SaaS offering (at least that I’m aware of). Don’t
worry, I’m not proposing we’d build something like that. ;)

> It would be pretty sweet though, if we were able to offer a DigitalOcean image (or "one-click
app“ as they call it). That'd get us from 0 to CouchDB in 55s. :D
> Is that something the community would be interested in?
>
> DO is arguably the easiest VPS provider and really popular in the developer community.
It would also benefit projects like PouchDB, because interested users could easily spin up
an instance and test out that whole replication/syncing miracle. Also MongoDB, Redis and others
are already present on DO.