couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB on DigitalOcean
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2015 22:18:44 GMT
Oh and I asked a friend who works there what it takes to get on the list of 1-click-apps. I’ll
report back!

Jan
--

> On 22 Dec 2015, at 23:08, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>
> I just gave the latest klaemo/couchdb:2.0-dev a spin on Digital Ocean and it is quite
amazing to get a cluster going in under a minute. I’m certain this will help with adoption
and release testing. Thank you very much! :)

> Best
> Jan
> --
>
>> On 19 Dec 2015, at 23:39, Robert Kowalski <rok@kowalski.gd> wrote:
>>
>> Awesome idea Clemens!
>>
>> Check your twitterwebs :)
>>
>> On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 5:53 PM, Clemens Stolle
>> <clemens.stolle@fastmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey there,
>>> yesterday, Jan said something like „sweet, 0 to CouchDB cluster in 120 seconds“
on IRC. That got me thinking.
>>> Currently there is no pure CouchDB SaaS offering (at least that I’m aware of).
Don’t worry, I’m not proposing we’d build something like that. ;)

>>> It would be pretty sweet though, if we were able to offer a DigitalOcean image
(or "one-click app“ as they call it). That'd get us from 0 to CouchDB in 55s. :D
>>> Is that something the community would be interested in?
>>>
>>> DO is arguably the easiest VPS provider and really popular in the developer community.
It would also benefit projects like PouchDB, because interested users could easily spin up
an instance and test out that whole replication/syncing miracle. Also MongoDB, Redis and others
are already present on DO.