couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Giovanni Lenzi <g.le...@smileupps.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] WHY/HOW/WHAT
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 14:16:34 GMT

> > Respectfully Jan, for direction in establishing the future you may listen
> > to yourself and/or active erlang devs only, but this direction simply
> don't
> > have community consensus. And this conflicts with the apache way!!!
>
> No, it is exactly in line with the Apache Way, those who do the work get
> to decide where the direction is going. The Apache Way is decidedly NOT
> some folks who prettyplease want features, but don’t feel compelled to
> build what they want.

Sorry, I was sure I read something about it ... here it is:

>> QUOTING http://couchdb.apache.org/bylaws.html
>>2.1. Users
>>The most important participants in the project are people who use our
software.

>>Users can participate by talking about the project, providing feedback,
and helping others. This can be done at the ASF or elsewhere, and includes
being active on the user mailing list, third-party support forums, blogs,
and social media. Users who participate in this way automatically become
contributors.

Probably I misunderstood the meaning of this... so thanks for your
clarifying answer!