couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Giovanni Lenzi <g.le...@smileupps.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] WHY/HOW/WHAT
Date Fri, 18 Sep 2015 04:52:18 GMT
I add:
8: database for the web!!!
9: not just a database
10: Not only a database

#8 +1: I think this is still the best option because it does not refer to a
specific feature, and has the element/target which couchdb is all
about/around

Respectfully Jan, for direction in establishing the future you may listen
to yourself and/or active erlang devs only, but this direction simply don't
have community consensus. And this conflicts with the apache way!!!

Also imho it's a wrong approach due to some considerations:
- active devs are active now... who knows until when? (and this is true for
you too and the VC chair)
- you don't know if tomorrow some erlang skilled couchapp lover won't get
in and start working on the app part (to say the truth some of them were
already active in the past, but they chose to left just because of
this/yours direction)
- you can't remove something that ALREADY exists which A LOT of people
like, use and have businesses on top, just because you and a few people
don't like it

But above all:
- you can't erase what Couchdb has been, what it is actually and what it
COULD BE!
> We need constructive ideas

I picked up options, spread among previous posts. There are 10 of them:

1. Data where you need it.
2. Restful freedom.
3. The database that replicates.
4. Sync. Shard. REST.
5. Keeps data closer.
6. Data wherever you need it.
7. Data that sync.

Two more, that are app-related, are dropped, also I dropped my own
proposal, it was the weakest (

#1 and #2 are equal to Jan‘s list.

ermouth