couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Giovanni Lenzi <g.le...@smileupps.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] WHY/HOW/WHAT
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 09:56:58 GMT
#1: 0
#2: 0

I think that speaking of couchdb as a data container only, doesn't capture
the essence of couchdb... probably it was at version 0.1, but not at
current stage. Also it isn't a distinguishing feature.

> * what went wrong?  * how and where do we collect ideas about a slogan?
Both slogan don't capture what CouchDB is for all of us. Everyone
personally cares different different features of CouchDB.  I remember there
were two different positions in the past:
1. couchdb is a database server with the best replication protocol around
2. couchdb is the above but with a lot of distinguishing features, that
others simply don't have. As Harald said: "* is a Webserver * an
Web-App-Engine * a HTTP/HTTPS speaking Any-Device- and * a Any-File
Replicator", but maybe even more..

What went wrong is that we are still stuck in this dilemma. I like #2 and I
personally think it is just an enlarged view of #1. This means it should
theorically have consensus of all, but unfortunately this is not the case.
Just wondering: could we have a vote on these two sentences before
proceeding with the slogan?

For the Slogan voting process:

> Let the web site description be the WHAT for now

Agree with Alexander and Johs that current description suits very well for
the WHAT, because it summarize well all CouchDB features.

>Seems that ol consisting only of slogans can be very compact, well
>readable, easy to vote and can attract more attention.

Agree 100% with ermouth. There were some slogan options in the past, why
not adding them to this list, vote for the WHY and then find a HOW for
that? Could be much more easy than finding the WHY/HOW/WHAT packaged
together

Best

Giovanni Lenzi
www.smileupps.com