couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Nick Pavlica <lini...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The future of couchapps
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 23:39:19 GMT
All,
  I'm so happy that Jan and the PMC have finally took a hard stance on this
subject.  I've always felt like CouchApps were overly coupled and a bad
idea from the start, and I'm happy to see them go.  However, I understand
that we all have different needs and philosophies.  For my business use
case, I've been waiting since 2010 for a built in clustering solution, and
I'm still waiting.   As a small businessman I don't have the resources to
make a living, and build all the features that I want in CouchDB, other
DB's, frameworks, and languages that I use.  So I understand the
frustration associated with that paradigm.  I try to help as much as I can
in all of these projects, but really just have to live with what the
community as a whole decides to do.  In some cases I spend allot of time
trying to contribute, as I did with the new CouchDB logo development, and
we still don't have a new logo pushed out yet.  I saw something that was
important to me, and I did what I could to help improve the situation.  And
that's what I think that Jan, and the PMC members are really asking for.

Thanks!
--Nick